Devonport, Tasmania, is a charming coastal town that serves as a perfect base for exploring the surrounding areas. Whether you’re looking for natural beauty, history, or outdoor activities, there are plenty of options for a day trip from Devonport. Here are the top five locations you should consider visiting:
- Cradle Mountain: This stunning national park is a must-visit for any nature lover. Hike through the lush rainforest, past glistening streams and alpine lakes, to reach the peak of Cradle Mountain.
- Launceston: This historic city is home to stunning colonial architecture, museums, and galleries. Take a stroll along the Tamar River, visit the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, or sample some of the local produce at the Launceston Farmers Market.
- Mole Creek Caves: Explore the underground world of Mole Creek, where you can witness the stunning formations of stalactites and stalagmites. Guided tours are available, and the caves are suitable for visitors of all ages.
- Sheffield: Known as the “Town of Murals,” Sheffield is a small town famous for its street art. Take a walking tour to see the murals and learn about the history of the town.
- The Tamar Valley Wine Route: If you’re a wine lover, the Tamar Valley Wine Route is a must-visit. With over 30 wineries to choose from, you’ll have the opportunity to taste some of Tasmania’s finest wines and meet the local winemakers.
Each of these locations can be reached within an hour’s drive from Devonport, making them perfect for a day trip. Whether you’re looking for adventure, culture, or just a relaxing day in nature, Devonport and its surroundings have something for everyone.